Friday, September 26, 2008

Waiver Wire

Well, we've had three full weeks of the season. And the byes are starting to kick in. Most of us fantasy players are thinking about trades and the waiver wire as a result. I'm using Spotfire analytics to help me. Of course, everyone else in my league is doing the same thing, so I just have to be a little smarter than they are!

But what Spotfire does is present a beautiful picture, a visualization, of what's going on. The top NFL teams and FFL teams get over the top because of their mid-level picks, and this is where Spotfire is helping me compare a guy who may be number 12 versus a guy who may be number 16, for example.

And I can also visualize how these players will do against whatever defense they are facing. This is helping me decide not only who to play but who I'm trying to steal, whoops, I mean procure, from some of my FFL competitors!

No comments: