Wednesday, September 17, 2008

More Playoff Intensity in Week 2

OK, so let's talk about some of the individual performances in Week 2.

* I'm gonna keep talking about Brian Westbrook and how Spotfire identified him to me as the most consistent back in the league. He's part of a great offense, and he's going to keep these numbers up all season long.

* Eddie Royal looks like the real deal. So I know someone has already picked him up in your league, but trade for him if you can. He's gonna continue to benefit from Shanahan's ability to create a balanced attack, and Jay Cutler looks to be finally making Denver fans forget about Elway, at least a little bit.

* Tony Scheffler's the number 1 tight end right now. He'll continue strong as part of that Denver offensive scheme.

• You know I love Anquan Boldin. But I worry a little about Kurt Warner being able to stay healthy the entire season. Without him, Anquan will have trouble keeping those numbers. Kurt's a Super Bowl winner, a former MVP, and is no surprise. I just hope he can keep it going.

* Yes, you know a bunch of the Eagles really let DeSean Jackson have it after his stupid showboating. But don't you go and do something stupid about it. DeSean is the real deal, he's bulked up a little, and he's going to kill the league all year.

• Reggie Bush is number 5 right now at running back. I think he’s going to keep going higher, because I still love Drew Brees and New Orleans.

• And don't give up on Randy Moss just yet. It will take him a couple of weeks to get used to the new QB. But Cassel had a nice first game, and I think the Pats machine will continue to roll this season.

No comments: