Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Playing with Purpose

Jay Cutler and Donovan McNabb were a couple of great surprises in Week 1. I thought Jay was going to have a good year, and I had hopes for Donovan. But I didn't pick either one in my top five QBs in pre-season.

But I'll tell you why they are looking so good--they're playing with purpose.

Once Jay found out he had diabetes, he realized that his career could end at any time, and he really started taking care of himself. He is playing with commitment, inner drive, and fire. With Shanahan's ability to deliver a great offense for Denver, look for Jay to be strong the entire season.

Donovan, like I said below, got himself into tremendous shape over the summer. He knows that he can't play forever, and he's got some great weapons in his offense. Donovan is playing with purpose. It will be great to see him on the Monday night stage this week against the 'Boys.

Another guy with inner drive, and I think some anger, is Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay. He was out there Sunday telling the Packer fans and the world that he can replace Brett Favre, that he's a pretty good quarterback too!

No comments: