Thursday, September 11, 2008

Big Games Coming Up in Week 2

I love playing Fantasy Football as much as anyone. But I think we should always remember that there are real football games being played here. I still love watching the NFL for the big games, not just because of my Fantasy guys.

So in Week 2 we already have some great games on tap. Here are some that I'll be sure not to miss...

* Dallas-Philadelphia (Monday night). One of the great NFC East rivalries. And they're both real good this year. We know the 'Boys would be real tough, but now it looks like Philly can challenge them. This is a great early-season test for both teams.

* Denver-San Diego. This is one of the most interesting games in Week 2. Are the Broncos that good? I think they are. Can San Diego recover from a shaky start? I gotta say that I have some concerns.

* Indianapolis-Minnesota. Two teams off to a shaky start. Peyton was really limping around out there against the Bears, and I have some concerns about the QB situation in Minnesota, too. This game will tell us a lot about both teams, and should also indicate what kind of numbers Adrian Peterson is really going to put up this year.

* New England-New York Jets. Wow. This game looks a lot different now than it did a month ago. How will the Pats do without Brady? And how much magic does Brett Favre still have?

No comments: