Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Some Words About My QB Picks

I won't comment on all 20 of my picks. But below are a few insights about some of the guys on the list. You can hear me talk about some of the guys at this YouTube video as well:



1. Tom Brady, NE - This is a no-brainer.

2. Drew Brees, NO – I think this is going to be New Orleans’ year. They’ve got the momentum and the system to make it all the way to the Super Bowl. Drew’s going to be a big part of this.

3. Tony Romo, DAL - Jerry Jones has put him in a great position. He’s ready, he’s focused, and he’s got Deion Sanders mentoring him now. The Cowboys have good chemistry, they work hard, and hey, their tradition is real. It makes a difference.

7. Aaron Rodgers, GB - Yes, I have Aaron higher than Brett Favre. He badly wants to prove himself, and he’s working with a great offense. Remember, this kid beat USC when he was in college. I think his skills will translate well to the pros.

8. Jay Cutler, DEN - Shanahan’s system always delivers a 1,000-yard running back, and this is a big help to Jay. He’s mobile, and with the running game taking some heat off of him, he’ll be able to do what he does best.

9. Brett Favre, NYJ - On the other hand, I think things are not going to be easy for Brett. He’s in a tough, tough division and I’m not sure he’s ready to handle the microscope he’ll be under in New York.

11. John Kitna, DET - The middle of the draft is crucial in the real NFL and in Fantasy Football. So keep John in mind. He’s very consistent when he’s healthy. And he has some big (and big-time) receivers in Detroit.

18. Matt Leinart, ARI - There have been a lot of guys whose greatness in college just didn’t translate to the pro level. The game's a lot faster, and Matt’s got guys wanting to take his head off on a weekly basis in the NFL. He hasn’t proven himself to me yet.

No comments: