Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Big Boys - Let's Talk Tight Ends

A great tight end is the final piece to a great offense. I remember how fantastic it was to have Brent Jones on those great Niners teams. Today's game also has a bunch of very, very strong TEs. I've limited my picks to who I think are the Top 10.

1. Jason Witten DAL
2. Kellen Winslow CLE
3. Dallas Clark IND
4. Jeremy Shockey NO
5. Vernon Davis SF
*6. Antonio Gates SD
7. Tony Gonzalez KC
*8. Todd Heap BAL
9. Alge Crumpler TEN
10. Chris Cooley WAS

* These guys were injured when I made my picks. You can decide how important that is to you!

Here are a few more thoughts about three of these guys:
Tight Ends

1. Jason Witten, DAL – Not a tough choice. As solid a number 1 pick as Brady at quarterback.

4. Jeremy Shockey, NO - The man has something to prove, and he’s bringing a new, rededicated attitude to his new team. He'll have a great system down there, and Drew Brees will find him. His blocking for Reggie Bush will help the passing offense, too.

5. Vernon Davis, SF - I'm higher on Vernon than a lot of people. Mike Martz will help him a lot.

And here are a few words I had to say about Jason Witten and Jeremy Shockey:

No comments: