Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Go Long - My Wide Receiver Picks

It's not tough to pick the absolute best receivers in today's game. But who is your number one? And what do you do after TO and Randy Moss?

Another BIG question here has to do with injuries. I had a little trouble here because so many of the receivers are injured as pre-season nears an end.

So I put an asterisk by the guys who are injured. I also put an asterisk by Steve Smith, who we all know has been suspended for two games.

OK, here are my picks ...

1. Terrell Owens DAL
2. Randy Moss NE
*3. Braylon Edwards CLE
4. Wes Welker NE
5. Larry Fitzgerald ARI
6. Reggie Wayne IND
*7. Chad Johnson
*8. Steve Smith CAR
*9. Marques Colston NO
*10. Andre Johnson HOU
*11. T.J. Houshmandzadeh CIN
*12. Plaxico Burress NYG
13. Torry Holt STL
*14. Greg Jennings GB
15. Roy Williams DET
16. Santonio Holmes PIT
17. Hines Ward PIT
18. Anquan Boldin ARI
19. Calvin Johnson DET
*20. Marvin Harrison IND

I have some comments about a few of the receivers here --

1. Terrell Owens, DAL - A lot of guys have Randy Moss in this spot, but I’m going with TO. As with Romo, he’s in a great system with a great tradition, and the ‘Boys are working hard. Terell is in great shape and I’m looking for him to be a huge part of Romo’s breakout year.

2. Randy Moss, NE – Randy’s only one of a huge number of options for New England’s offense. So the overall success of this offense makes me move him below TO.

3. Braylon Edwards, CLE – He defines “go-to guy.”

4. Wes Welker, NE – See my comments about Randy. Wes is just great, but in New England he’s only one of many great options. He’s fast and he runs great routes. I love him.

9. Marques Colston, NO – He works very well with Brees. Look for a great year from him.

18. Anquan Boldin – He is so talented. Would be higher with a different quarterback.

And hey, we must have video! So here are a few more comments...

No comments: